Active Participants in the Energy Community
Being an active participant in the energy community and having a role in the international conversation about the renewable energy and sustainability is a priority for Cogen Power Technologies.Being an active participant in the energy community and having a role in the international conversation about the renewable energy and sustainability is a priority for Cogen Power Technologies.
Sharing knowledge and collaborating with our peers is fundamental to our success – not just as a company but as a member of the community. Relationships with these organizations are reflective of our commitment to environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility and assist us in keeping current on the latest technologies and innovations in the field.
In January 2019, John Moynihan began the role of Board Chair within the Northeast Clean Heat and Power Initiative (NECHPI). With a background in electrical engineering, John got his start in the CHP industry through managing the development of Burrstone Energy Center, Upstate NY’s first modern CHP microgrid project. He has led Cogen Power Technologies to become a frontrunner and innovator in providing all-inclusive onsite cogeneration services –bridging the gap between the technology and the practical application for end users. John’s expertise is focused on the resolution of highly technical electrical issues associated with interconnecting new Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants with the local utility’s electrical distribution system. His expertise in the CHP Community will allow NECHPI to continue to promote their mission for successful projects and stakeholder engagement.
- CNY Society of Healthcare Engineers, Inc
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Partnership
- International District Energy Association
- Northeast Clean Heat and Power Initiative
- Association of Energy Engineers – Capital District Chapter
- Manufacturers for Energy Efficiency
- Multiple Intervenors
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
- American Society for Health Care Engineering
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers