Cogen Power Technologies works with organizations from the public and private sector to provide innovative energy solutions that make sense economically and in practice.
What makes a good candidate for a cogeneration system?
Cogeneration systems are viable solutions for clients that are:
- Heavy consumers of electric and thermal loads
- Have consistent year round thermal energy demands
- Where reliability of power supply is critical
- Have existing energy – electric, heating, and cooling – distribution systems
- Use large amounts of hot water or steam year round for industrial processes, laundries, and heating and cooling
- Support a “district energy system” that supplies a local network of facilities (see microgrids)
Reliable electric power, heating and cooling are “code blue” requirements to the operation of hospitals. Health care providers and patients can rest easier with a cogeneration plant to back-up and support local utility services.
Highly networked campuses with existing central plants are easily adapted to cogenerated electric power and heat. With budgets always in mind, institutions can benefit from affordable solutions that can slash operating costs with environmentally-responsible cogeneration technology.
Clean energy solutions are an ever-increasing consideration for industrial clients who seek strategies for replacing aging and outdated equipment, and meeting tougher environmental regulations. Cogeneration systems provide clean, cost-efficient power that reduces carbon emissions and environmental impacts.
- Municipal and Government Facilities
- Hotels and Resorts
- Apartment Complexes
- Nursing Homes
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Labs
- Data Processing Centers
- Commercial Offices and Office Parks
- Waste Water Treatment